Print from Janet Francoeur’s original watercolor, the image measures approximately 6 x 8 1/2 inches. Print only. The present Sanctuary was completed in 1904. An early morning fire on September 15, 1936 resulted in collapse of the Sanctuary ceiling and extensive damage throughout. Catholic sisters living across New Street stood on the sidewalk praying that the beautiful stained glass windows be spared and they were. Repairs to the building and furnishings were made in time for the church to host the Centennial Session of the North Carolina Conference in November 1936. In 1966, the Sanctuary was renovated as it appears now.